In some previous blog posts, we have mentioned Rambus (ticker RMBS) as a flyer that has a lot of risk -- but correspondingly high potential rewards. Very high potential...
Currently, there is a "perfect storm" of news out there -- each of which has the potential to launch RMBS to much higher levels. These include:
- EU settlement with RMBS should be finalized at any moment. Although the specified royalty rates are lower than Rambus might have hoped for -- the agreement will legitimize RMBS intellectual property and potentially pave the way for licenses with some big firms. There have been rumors that some big names (like Apple!) could sign up as licensees.
- The AT trial in Judge Kramer's Court is scheduled for Jan 11 -- and if all stays on target, as the days tick by, the marketplace will have their eye on a payoff that has been estimated in the billions of dollars (from several billion dollars to double-digit billions).
- Whyte's Court also has proceedings that are scheduled this week.
There are, of course, risks of delays and other setbacks. For now, however, the market action looks like we could break out to the upside. Here is a look at some resistance levels that may be of interest to investors:
- A close above 19.42 would be bullish.
- The next level of resistance would be the 23-25 range.
- Next resistance level is the 35-42 range.
- And then, dare we say... triple-digits!
From Previous Blog Posts